Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 13, 2009

Heyyyyy,
The 2009 Surfers DTS is now finished. Firday evening, the students graduated after their 5 1/2 month school. It was fun to watch all the students grow so much through out the past 5 1/2 months and so fun to celebrate with everyone!
As for the rest of my summer...I'm busy!
On Wednesday, our base had a meeting where we change department rolls, such as, Accounting, Fundraising & Advertising, Financial Facilitator, etc. Our accounting facilitator is moving to Asia in late July, therefore the base needs a new facilitator, so I'll be heading up the accounting department, which is a big task, but I'm excited to learn more about it. These next 3 to 4 weeks, I'll be training in for that new responsibility.
Next Saturday, my two very good friends and co-workers are getting married. This week will be busy preparing for the wedding! It should be a fun day of celebration!
I will be going home to Minnesota on furlough in July. I booked a flight from the 19 of July to August 4th. I'm really excited to see everyone!
I'm also hoping to go back to Nicaragua this fall again to scout more of the country for future outreaches, going back to the families we helped and possibly helping lead a team there from the Central Coast of California...so pray for finances on that trip and I'll keep you updated on that for sure!
In September, I may be going around to 5 or 6 different western states to speak at several different YWAM bases about a new ministry that's getting started at our base geared towards youth and getting them involved in missions and exposing them to it. I'm really excited for that opportunity!
I'm also hoping to take a week vacation this summer or fall to get away and relax, so also be praying that finances come in for that!
And besides all of this, myself and the other DTS staff will be planning for the 2010 DTS, which is a long and busy process.
Anyways...Just wanted to let you know a little bit of what will be going on this summer for myself.
Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
Blessings,
-Tyler Dean

1 comment:

  1. We look forward to you visit home. Hope you'll give an update and greeting at a morning service. You might also like to use a Sunday School class to give an extended greeting.

    Pastor Dave

    ReplyDelete