Sunday, June 7, 2009

Arrival in the USA!

Hey friends & family,
So...after being awake for 20 hours straight, I'm back in California. We woke up at 2:00 AM to travel up to Managua (the capital city of Nicaragua) to catch our 6:30 AM flight to Los Angeles, California, with an hour layover in Houston, Texas. At 2:00 PM, we were greeted by Will Barrow (YWAM Pismo's Base Director), who came to pick us up and drive us up the coast to Pismo Beach. My two students, Andrew & Lisa, wanted to go through Beverly Hills to see what it was like on the way to Pismo, so we did. Let me tell you...that was the ultimate culture shock!! Going from a country where a family makes, on average, $200 per month, to Beverly Hills, where there are Porches, Lamborghini's, ferrari's & mansions everywhere you look. It was very difficult to see, but definitely eye-opening.
After the 3 hour drive up north to Pismo Beach, we finally arrived, being greeted by the two other DTS Outreach teams (Who went to India, Thailand and one other location in Asia) and YWAM Pismo Beach staff. It was so good to see everyone and fun to share stories and laugh together.
So it's been 8 weeks and 3 days...and it's over...I'm back in California. It's great to be back, but I'm already looking forward for my next trip to Nicaragua! God taught me so many things on this outreach and He revealed Himself to all of us, seeing Him healing the one lady's neck to teaching us through His word. Praise the Lord!
I want to thank all of you for supporting me in prayer and financially as I went on this outreach to Nicaragua! I wouldn't have been able to do it without you, so thank you so much!
God bless,

-Tyler Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment