Monday, June 15, 2009

God CAN heal and DOES heal!

Hey,
So I have a cool testimony & praise report!

I don't know if you know or not, but I have some knee, hamstrings & back problems...I've had scoliosis practically my whole life. Scoliosis is pretty much where you have a crooked spine. I also have extremely tight hamstrings (the muscles in the back of your upper leg). Due to my very tight hamstrings, it pulls on my lower back to cause even more pain and inflexability. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and cannot put on my socks and shoes due to such a sore back and very, very unflexable hamstrings (I'm not limber by any means). I can remember back to one whole week my senior year of high school where I couldn't straighten my back for the whole week. I was crouched over in intense pain. I also haven't been able to sit on the floor with my legs crossed since...I can't remember when.

Anyways, let's get to the fun part!!!

So today, some of the staff here at YWAM Pismo Beach were having a meeting in the office and at the end of the meeting, we decided that we were just going to pray for one another....
When it was "my turn" to get prayed for, I sat on a chair in the middle of everyone, joking that I can't sit on the floor...
So I said my prayer requests and then my friends added that we needed to pray for my back, knees & hamstrings...I kind of said, yeah yeah...sure we can.
So they started praying for me and I was just saying, "God, if you want to heal me, my back, knee or anything, I trust in You and I know that You can heal. I just want Your will to be done."
After we were prayed, my friend Cody told me that he feels like I'm supposed to stand up and try to touch the floor...which I knew I couldn't do...but I did anyways...
I slowly bent over towards the floor and I could put the whole palm of my hand on the floor, which is a miracle because usually, I can only put the tips of my hands just past my knees to the middle of my shin. Praise the Lord!!
After I stretched a couple times, I tried to sit on the floor with my legs crossed and I could do it WAY easier than I have in years. It was so exciting for me because it's always kind of disappointing to be so unflexable and to have a back of a 106 year old man at age 20.

Anyways....

I just wanted to share that with you and I hope it's an encouragement to you. I know that God can heal and He does heal...He even can heal YOU!!!!

Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. I´m so happy to read your testimony about your back, God is awesome! it is encourage to hear that; thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete