Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Outreach to Nicaragua

Dear friends and family!

As you know, I’m on staff with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Pismo Beach & Central Coast, in California, as a full-time Christian missionary! The past two months, I’ve been staffing our Discipleship Training School (DTS), which has seven students from all different countries. Some of the students are from Norway, South Africa, Canada and the United States! The past two months, I’ve had the privilege to work with these students, disciple them and watch them grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ!

A part of the Discipleship Training School (DTS), you go on a two month outreach. Our 2009 DTS is splitting up into two teams, with one team going to Nicaragua and the other to India. I will be leading two students to Nicaragua, which I’m thrilled about! I’ve been extremely busy putting the trip together and working out all the details of the trip. We will be gone from early April to early June! Some of the ministries we’ll be working with include: orphanages, working with street kids, teaching English in the schools, street evangelism, construction and much more!

First off, I would like to ask you to partner with me in prayer! I will definitely need all the prayer support I can get! Some specific prayer requests are: Guidance on leading the students overseas, wisdom, grace and unity. I would also like to ask you to pray about partnering with me financially for the outreach. It will cost approximately $2,560 for me to go to Nicaragua for the two months. Some of the major costs of outreach are: airfare, food & housing and transportation inside the country. Any amount will greatly help me out and will be a huge blessing to me!

If you’d like to partner with me financially, you can make checks payable to YWAM. Please do not put my name anywhere on the check if you wish to receive a tax deductible receipt. When mailing the check (Mail to address below), just put a sticky note on the check saying: Tyler Dean’s Nicaragua Outreach Trip.

I want to say thank you for all of your support and encouragement! I am going to do my best to keep you up to date while I’m overseas. If I have internet access in Nicaragua, you’ll be able to check me out on this blog! Once again, thank you for all your help and encouragement!

Be blessed,



Tyler Dean
791 Price St. #119
Pismo Beach, CA. 93449

Website: tylerdean.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment