Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I've been accepted to....

I am very excited to tell you that I have been accepted onto the RescueNet team (an International All-Volunteer Emergency Disaster Rapid Response Team), which is a ministry of Youth With A Mission. You may remember that I took a RescueNet training course in October of 2010 at YWAM San Francisco.


A badly damaged intersection in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Photo taken from a member of the RescueNet
team during their deployment to Haiti in January of 2010.
http://www.rescuenetus.org



What is RescueNet
RescueNet is a rapid-deployment disaster response team made up of trained volunteers within YWAM. We aim to be on a disaster site within 24-48 hours of it's outbreak. We take medics, trauma counselors, childcare workers, logicsticians. technicians and more to meet the need of those impacted by some of the worst situations imaginable.







What does this mean for me?
Since I have just been accepted onto the RescueNet team, I am not able to go on a deployment to a disaster zone -- yet! I have to complete a probationary period (since I'm new to the team - to make sure I know my stuff), which means that I have to staff the upcoming RescueNet training course, which will be in Salem, Oregon, in mid-October. So if a disaster hits anytime from now until October and RescueNet is called on to deploy for the relief efforts, I will not be deploying with the RescueNet team. After I complete my probationary period (after October), I will be "deployable".

Are you still a missionary with YWAM?
Yes, I am still a full-time missionary with YWAM Pismo Beach. RescueNet does not replace my role here at YWAM Pismo Beach but it will be an addition to the ministry I am already involved with.

What I Need for RescueNet
I need to raise additional finances on top of my monthly financial support for RescueNet since I have to purchase my own personal protective equipment (which is VERY important), training courses and deployments to disaster zones. I am currently in the process of raising $2,200 (If you want to see the breakdown of that amount to see exactly where the money will go, please let me know) for my initial personal protective equipment I need along with the cost of going to Salem, Oregon to complete my probationary period in October. There is information below on how to partner with me financially to help me start up with RescueNet.

My Heart Behind The Ministry
Patient in St. Marc, Haiti
I have always had a heart to do outreaches geared towards disaster relief and I now have the chance. When I went to Haiti in January right after the earthquake, it opened my eyes so much! It is such a special thing to share Jesus and to help people when they've literally lost everything. Now I will be able to help these people and share Christ's love with them through serving with RescueNet.

I want to help financially. How do I do that?
There are a few different ways that you can help me financially to raise the $2,200 that I need. 

OPTION #1 - DONATE ONLINE WITH YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD
Go to:  http://www.ywampismobeach.org/donate.html
Follow the simple steps to safely and securely complete your donation using Paypal.
**You do not need a PayPal account to donate. After you click donate, you will see "Don't Have a PayPal Account?" Under that, it says continue and you can fill out your information.

Option #2 - DONATE BY CHECK
Write a check made out to YWAM. (Attach a note indicating its for Tyler Dean for RescueNet).
Mail the check to:
YWAM Pismo Beach
791 Price Street #119
Pismo Beach, CA 93449

Thank you in advanced for your prayer and financial support. I am so excited about the adventures to come with RescueNet and am excited to share that with you!

Blessings To You,



Tyler E. Dean



**Every year there are over 350 disasters around the world. 80% of the victims are left without first aid, medicine, child care, shelter and help finding loved ones. They need you like they never thought they could. Learn how to meet a crisis with the Love of Christ."

"Because you can send us we can go; because we go they can live."
A daughter and mother reunited!
Photo taken from a member of the RescueNet team
during their deployment to Haiti in January of 2010.
http://www.rescuenetus.org

RescueNet Website:  http://www.rescuenetus.org

No comments:

Post a Comment