Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Disaster Relief Training School

Hi!
I just wanted to write a quick update and let you all in on my latest news! I have recently been accepted into a disaster relief training school called RescueNet.

What is RescueNet?
RescueNet works within the Youth With A Mission network as a disaster response team. It is an international organization recognized by the United Nations as a disaster relief agency. They specialize in treating the victims of natural and man-made disasters in the critical early days following these incidents.

When is the school and where is it?
The dates of the training school are from October 9 - October 23, 2010 and it will be held at YWAM San Francisco.

How much does the school cost?
The RescueNet school will cost roughly $1,000 for everything (training, material, food, lodging, transportation, etc.)

My Heart
I am very excited to participate in this school and get further training. I have always had a heart to do outreaches geared towards disaster relief. It is such a special thing to share Christ and to help people when they've literally lost everything. When I went to Haiti in January right after the earthquake, it opened my eyes even more. Shortly after I returned home, I heard about this school so I immediately applied.

What is my next step?
I will need to raise $1,000 to do this school. If you are interested in partnering with me financially to help me do this school, look under "How To Donate" on the right side of my website. You can also email or call me. I am also looking for people to partner with me in prayer for this school. I am excited to see what God has in store for this school.

God Bless,

Tyler Dean

---------------A blurb from RescueNet's website!---------------

"Every year there are over 350 disasters around the world. 80% of the victims are left without first aid, medicine, child care, shelter and help finding loved ones. They need you like they never thought they could. Learn how to meet a crisis with the Love of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment